Christchurch Airport (CHC)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Christchurch, Canterbury, South Island, New Zealand NZ)
Many of the travellers that fly into Christchurch Airport (CHC) choose to rent a car and drive into the city. Central Christchurch is easy to find and is edged by Russley Road to the east, which runs in a north / south direction.
Also nearby, Christchurch Airport, McLeans Island Road is located to the north, with Orchard Road to the north-east, linking both Memorial Avenue and Harewood Road.
Notable locations close to Christchurch Airport include Burnside and Harewood to the east, and Avonhead, Islington and Russley to the south. All of the main routes around Christchurch Airport and throughout the Canterbury area are clearly signposted.
Roads around the airport complex include Durey Road, Ivan Crescent, Perimeter Road and Wairakei Road.
Directions to Christchurch Airport (CHC) from the centre:
- Christchurch Airport is sited 12 km / 7 miles to the north-west of the downtown district
- Travel from Cathedral Square along Columbo Street
- Join Bealey Street and then Harper Avenue
- Turn right and travel along Fendalton Avenue
- Continue towards Hagley Park
- Turn into Memorial Avenue and the follow the signs to Christchurch Airport from the Memorial Avenue roundabout
- The journey should last in the region of 30 minutes
Christchurch International Airport (CHC): Virtual Google Maps